1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just placed my order!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by lfwintx, May 27, 2008.

1. lfwintx

lfwintx New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Last night I took my third test drive in a Prius (wanting mainly to see how it felt at night), and I immediately placed my order: Barcelona red, bisque, Package #3. Reading PriusChat for 10 days helped me make up my mind.

The salesman wouldn't hazard a guess as to when I'll get it -- he said the sales manager says "Buy another car" when pressed for an estimate on the Prius. :) That's OK, I can be very patient to get exactly what I want. I know the bisque interior will be harder to keep clean, but I don't have any kids and I think it looks elegant with the red.

After driving a 1997 Jeep for almost 12 years, the Prius will be an adjustment, but I'm looking forward to the great gas mileage!

Linda

2. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Welcome to PriusChat Linda, great to hear that you ordered it. Hope you find out lots more information.

3. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ther is no such thing as ordering a prius, the dealers take more deposits than they can fill and keep the interest on the money whether they get you one or not. the best thing to do which is what i did after getting my deposit back was to check toyota.com to see whats coming in, then call the dealers in your area and tell them which one you want.

4. Porsche998

Porsche998 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My experience with Toyota.com is that they only show the cars after they hit the port. When we went to get our car, the dealer showed us a list of about 25 cars that he said we on the way- color, and package. He said that they would be in port in between 5 to 10 days and then another few days to the dealer. Once the car we ordered hit the port, it went on Toyota.com along with other cars that the dealer was getting. However, at that time all the cars had a deposit on them. In addition, with the demand, the dealers are not trading with other dealers.

5. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Your plan might have worked about 6 months ago, but its better to go to the dealership you want to buy from and ask them how they do their Prius sales. If they take deposits you can tell them what you want and wait. If you just sit at home and watch the toyota.com website and then call a dealership to tell them you want something you saw online, they will just laugh at you. With some dealerships not taking orders because of demand, I don't see how you can call up a dealership and think they will get you a Prius, a Prius that was probably "ordered" by someone else months ago. I know that the dealership doesn't actually order the car, they just express interest with what they want, then match cars up with customers.

6. greylar

greylar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Where on toyota.com do you check to see which vehicles dealers are getting? More of a curiosity than anything.

G

7. KayakerNC

KayakerNC Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    BuyaToyota dot com, at least the Southeast US, will give you 6 or so dealers nearest to your Zip, and allow you to see what they have in stock and allocations. I used it to zero in on my Prius, and found it to be a helpful tool. :)

8. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i agree, or you can go to toyota.com then look for dealers websites and search new inventory..as we speak there are 52 prii set to arrive in the next few weeks in this region