1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just purchased '07!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by grayghost, May 20, 2012.

1. grayghost

grayghost New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Good morning fellow Prius owners, I just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to many years of Prius joy! We purchased an '07 package 3 I believe, bluetooth, rearview camera, jbl sound, no nav though :(. I have to admit we downsized from a turbo, gas-guzzling Subaru Outback XT, and I have never been more excited to drive to work! :) I wish we could have gone newer, but this one fit our budget nicely. Looking forward to doing the EV mod, tinting windows and upgrading CD player soon... Thanks for the great website and talk soon...

2. akm3

akm3 First time Lebowski'er

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You know, I almost upgraded TO an Outback XT Limited, but went 07 Prius instead.

What kind of MPG were you getting in the Outback? it'll make me feel better to hear it SUCKED. i love Subarus and fast cars. I'm really loving trying to beat my mpg scores though.

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PriusChat .

I remember the excitement waiting for my 2007 Prius to come in. Every since than I remain excited with all the features of this wonderful car. But Best Of All The Gas Savings, I have been getting 56 MPG for the last 4 years.

I hope you enjoy your new baby as much as I do mine.

4. grayghost

grayghost New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ha, thanks for the encouraging words! The mileage in the Subaru was terrible! We never got any better than 18 mpg, plus you had to run premium! I don't miss the $80+ per week in gas, and I never got excited to drive the Subaru. We have been averaging 48 mpg, and I'm constantly thinking of places that I need to go! :) Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to visiting this site daily...

5. massparanoia

massparanoia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to the club! Don't fret about the nav, you can get a tom tom or garmin with lifetime map updates and traffic for much less than a factory nav system, and it will work better imo.

6. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome to PriusChat, and congratulations on the purchase. I hope the car works out and the gas savings will help you pay for another Prius when you have to replace it in the future. Whenever that may be. :D