1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just purchased first Prius - few questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by JaymzB0nd, May 22, 2010.

1. JaymzB0nd

JaymzB0nd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought a Winter gray metallic 2010 Prius III with nav, rear bumper applique (which I didn't want), and the Preferred Premium Accessory package.

One question that I have (many more will come as I explore the car) is when playing my iPod and going through the list of artists through the nav, I have go to scroll 5 or 6 artists at a time when clicking the arrow and as you can imagine it takes forever to get to Radiohead or U2. Is there a quicker way to scroll through or is this the best there is?

2. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    one trick i use in naming files/folders on a computer is to put "0-" (zero dash) in front of the name.

it will appear on the top of the list.

it also works for your ipod

1 person likes this.
  3. JaymzB0nd

JaymzB0nd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks. I figured out with my issue that instead of touching the arrows on the nav to scroll down it's much faster to turn the dial at the top right of the stereo which quickly scrolls through the different artists.

2 people like this.
  4. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wow! Learn something new every day!

Thanks!

5. 7Murdo

7Murdo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I will have to give that a try myself.

6. sandia

sandia New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice trick.

7. iris

iris New Member

I'm trying to decide between a 2008 Prius and a 2010 Honda Fit. Any suggestions?

8. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2007 Fit and a 2010 Prius... I think the 2010 Fit has more interior room than the 007, much the way the 2010 Prius has more interior room than the previous generation Prius. I get 32-34 mpg city from my Fit, I'm sure the Prius will easily blow this way. The Fit is a blast to drive though, it handles like a go-cart! I don't think you would go wrong with either....

9. ksstathead

ksstathead Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome to PC. These are 2 fine cars.

The Prius is wider, but the Fit has the magic seats. So each has wonderful cargo options, but they each hold different shapes.

We have the opposite: An 08 Fit and a 10 Prius. If you put on a lot of miles, the Prius FE will save alot (unless the Fit is a stick that you hypermile; then the Fit is an mpg star). We average just over 50 mpg in the Prius. I have multiple tanks in the Fit at 42 mpg (ours is the Sport model with automatic). But 42 is hard work in the Fit, and 50 in the Prius is easy in my conditions. Just taking it easy like I drive the Prius for 50 mpg, the Fit would give mid to upper 30's.

The gen2 Prius (04-09) may not excel on very short commutes. Our commute is 1.5 miles each way, and the 2010 handles that surprisingly well, but uses a different technology to do it.

I should ask, what factors play into your needs?