1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just purchased the 2017 Sea Glass Pearl Prius 4 - Love it.

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by baz, Jun 10, 2017.

1. baz

baz Previously owned Volvo S60R, Prius, Volvo XC70 T6

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm simply amazed at the level of technology for this Prius 4 compared to my other 2016 Volvo XC90 T6. The prius 4 has just about all the same technology features as for the XC90 yet the Prius is 1/2 the price of the Volvo.

I've owned a Prius before and liked it very much. This 2017 Prius 4 is simply a huge improvement and enjoyable to drive. It's low CG makes for flat turns and the car simply feels glued to the road.

Toyota has done well in moving the Prius model forward over the years.

IMG_0881.jpg

stephensprius, pjm877, MMtec and 4 others like this.
  2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice colour! I almost went for a Gen II in that garb (same year 2009, and mileage ~85k) as the one I ended up getting (touring package and Magnetic Gray)! Congratulations!

3. baz

baz Previously owned Volvo S60R, Prius, Volvo XC70 T6

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm looking for a few accessories

1) Cross bars
    2) Cargo luggage/pet barrier

Also, and I'm quite surprised at finding this..... I have to say the Prius's HUD and Adaptive cruise speed control is on a par with the Volvo's.... and in fact the touch screen and its features are also superior to the Volvo. The touch screen is far more responsive than the same touch screen on the Volvo. The Nav data base loads much much quicker on the Prius vs. the Volvo which can take as long as a minute or two. The 700-800 page Owner's Manual is sight for sore eyes.... just amazing at the time/effort it must have been putting that manual together.

RCO likes this.
  4. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Agree about the manual - it's biggest deficiency is the poor index. Actually finding something sometimes requires using a 5th sense "let's try here - No, what about ...". As well as mutterings to one-self "I'm sure I read about that somewhere".

If you can get a downloadable version, it's much easier to search - I've got one I downloaded a year ago, but not sure where I found it - try here: https://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om-s/OM47A17U/pdf/OM47A17U.pdf .

I don't have Satellite Navigation on my model - it was on a model $8 or 9,000 dearer here. But a few comments on PriusChat about Sat Nav not working while in motion made it seem not as convenient as a separate TomTom/Garmin/NavMan.

[A comical note - Satellite Navigation is listed on the brochure as "ENTERTAINMENT". I'm not sure how it entertains, though.]

5. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why, it entertains via the related pages on this forum, of course!!! ;)

alanclarkeau and Tideland Prius like this.
  6. wgary

wgary Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I drove a Nissan Maxima over the weekend (free car rental upgrade) and the safety features were almost identical to Prius four. Someone learned from someone there. I prefer the location of the blind spot indicator on the Prius (outside of mirror vs. inside of mirror) but the screen on the Maxima was truly gorgeous. And its functionality made the Prius look extremely dated.

RCO likes this.
  7. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We would all appreciate a little more advice on your country, or state from your profile. No need to be too specific just as long as we're not left guessing. It's not a major misdemeanor, so don't worry OK?

8. stephensprius

stephensprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I had that color in my original 2012 Prius model 2 prior to getting the 2013 Persona, which is black. (more my wife's vehicle). I do miss that color though. Really stands out. Enjoy!