1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just put on my winters....are the OEM wheel locks ok?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by gti303, Oct 27, 2012.

1. gti303

gti303 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess its not a huge dealbreaker...but the way the OEM wheel locks sit on the steelies look like they'd be easy to remove...

btw does anyone know the proper size of wheel lock we need? is it 12mm x 1.50?

[​IMG]

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'd be inclined to just get 5 more of those regular nuts. We have similar locking nut on our OEM alloy, but for our snows on steel rims I went with all open ended nuts.

While the nut is very likely compatible, has the correct taper at the base, the way it's sticking out is going to reduce it's effectiveness: someone might be able to get a purchase on it, with heavy duty clamping pliers.

That centre hub looks brand new, btw.

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    If you are using steel wheels, you need "tapered seat" wheel locks in M12x1.50.

The alloy locks with the tapered ends are designed for temporary use with the donut spare.

4. gti303

gti303 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome thanks for the info mike. And i do need wheel locks mendel. My car had been broken into on my driveway, and another time my wheels were stolen also om my driveway

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. gti303

gti303 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Just some picture candy :) Winter Mode!!!

[​IMG]

Mendel Leisk likes this.