1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just replaced inverter pump but new icons appeared

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BerzerkQuestionaire, Apr 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. BerzerkQuestionaire

BerzerkQuestionaire New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello i just recently moved down to florida from memphis so this is my first time here. Made the trip down here fine and was working for 5 months until last week during a drive back home the car shuts off entirely. Through research and watching what other members here did i got a replacement inverter pump and just got it back today. We have new icons being lit up now that used to come on for like maybe a hour then would turn off. Before we fixed it, the brake light followed by the exclaimation point, abs vsc and check engine lights came on and off, but now the brake lights off and the abs lights off but the others remained and now we got the red light of death, and a battery icon and a ! Car lights on and im stumped what can i do to get these lights to clear? I know i need to put more oil in the car we have a slight oil leak so im gonna get that fixed at some point but i wanna know what to do to fix it. The cars running fine and i dont wanna risk having more issues plaging us

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    the best place to start is by reading the trouble codes. if you are going to diy, you should have tech stream diagnostic software.
    if not, a dealer can read them for you.

the lites tell you there's a problem, read the codes. the codes tell you what the problem is. the service manual (or someone here if you are fortunate) tells you how to fix the problems.

SFO likes this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hybrid battery is probably suspect . After ruling out 12 volt. Meaning have it tested by a reliable operator of a very good battery testing machine to make sure you're up to snuff now mind you i'm running an AGM battery in the back of my 2013 that only shows 11.9 volts after 9 hours of rest car starts right up shows 13.5 to 14.3 while the car is ready and is driven around throughout the day just fine been like this for a while and I have no lights and no problems with the vehicle matter of fact I just put an engine in it so I won't change this battery until it literally falls on its face can't be used anymore and then this time will probably go to the universal battery type of deal I think till 66 or something I used one in one of my motorcycles for a while and it was fine I think it should be great in the prius as the prius battery doesn't do anything except 12 volt lights and that sort of thing blower motors that's it when the car is ready it's making its own 12 volt supply right off that big hybrid battery

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Did you ever read the trouble codes, before deciding to change the inverter pump. so you would know whether the issues being reported had anything to do with the inverter pump?

Have you read the trouble codes since changing the inverter pump, to find out what issues are being reported now?

Some trouble codes from the car, including those associated with the ABS, VSC, and ((!)) lights, can be read using a jumper wire and counting light blinks (you can find other threads in this forum with details), so you can get those without needing any kind of scan tool. There are other systems in the car that don't play the light-blink game and only talk to a scan tool, so a scan tool is the only way to see all the codes the car is reporting. But even just getting the ones you can get from light blinks would be a good start.

Once you can post what your trouble codes are, we can be more help.