1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just saw this one...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by crgtheman, Dec 22, 2020.

1. crgtheman

crgtheman New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius c
    Model:
    LE
    So I read someone post about custom-made earphones by Big Ear...so I checked the link and found out that they also make sleep earplugs. If anyone here wear sleep earplugs, can you recommend something I can use?

Thanks!

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My CFO uses them on occasion, but I lean away from them personally since I kinda like being able to hear important stuff deep in the night.

She prefers something like:
    Mack's Pillow Soft Silicone Putty Earplugs, 6 Ct - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

When I have to take a battle-nap in a noisy environment, sometimes I will use disposable foam ear plug:

Of course, since I hang out in telecommunications equipment rooms the 3M kind are freely available.

The advantage to both would be low cost and the ability to throw them away when they accumulate too much biological material (ear butter)

When I traded in my submarine combat shoes (sneakers) for 782 gear (named for the DoD property management form, IIRC) they issued me a set of "custom" ear plugs in a little screw-cap container that I promptly threw away.
    I think that they became fodder for slip and fall lawyers, but then.....hearing loss is the #1 disability for veterans, so I'm not surprised that it's become white collar welfare for JDs.

If you wear ear plugs while you sleep, ensure that your smoke/CO detectors are in good working order and consider getting some little yippy ankle biter to interrupt your slumbers if something important shakes loose... ;)