1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just saying hello

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Flying V, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Flying V

Flying V New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The wife and I picked up a V on Tuesday, and I love it so far! This is our first Prius, so we're still trying to learn all the features.

I like to keep things simple, so we got a 2 with as few options installed as we could find. The wife wanted the Blizzard Pearl, so we went with that. I'm appreciating white more and more each day when I get in the car and it's not unbearably hot (living in the south). The only other options (advertised, at least) were iPod cables, a bumper protector, and floor and trunk mats.

Got a pretty good deal, IMO. Plus, I took advantage of the Toyota Nationwide Clearance Event $250 debit card deal, thanks to this forum. It was incredibly helpful to troll this forum for a couple weeks to help make the decision between the Prius and a Jetta Sportwagen TDI (I've also never owned a VW). It seems that there are a lot of disgruntled TDI owners out that have significant problems with their cars...

Negotiated w/ the dealer this Monday, who found the car somewhere else in the state. Picked it up on Tuesday, and when we got it we realized that in addition to the options listed above, the other dealership had tinted the windows, put paint protection on it, and filled the tires with nitrogen. I still don't know if my dealership even noticed that!

Just got the 1-beep reverse taken care of today, too. MUCH better.

To sum it up, thanks to everyone on this forum for providing so much useful information! We're hoping that the car serves us well for a long time.

2. pardreamer

pardreamer Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to the club. You will love the car. It is nice to have the windows tinted free of cost. I also looked at the Jetta TDI but poor reliability convinced me to go with the V.

3. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on the purchase!
    Blizzard Pearl is pretty sweet eh? :cool:
    I was considering a Mazda 3 sport before deciding on the Prius. Decided on Toyota for similar reasons as yours.