1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just to sad So sad

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Speedracer, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As everyone know if own the pet, the pet become part of family.
    here is my sad sad story..... I just got this news.
    I was planning see my friend in U.S when I visit him next month. And he just inform me in the e-mail. One of his dog past a way end of last month... :cry: He own 3 other dogs...
    Its male Sikperkee (I'm not sure spell & black dog with no tail) We named "Key" He was one great guard dog for size...
    We know he was getting old and time might come soon. But not that soon, I was look forward to seen the dog and I love the dog. When my friend got the dog, at first the dog did not like me but 8month later he and I become good friend. When ever I visit my friend the dog was waiting at door and greeting me.....
    "Key" had great life left us great memory... As I know he lived past 17yrs and vet was suprised he lived that long..
    Now "Key" is gone :cry: So sad :cry: I just cant belive it :cry:

2. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My condolances. Next month will mark the one year anniversary of the loss of a companion of 9 years - my husky/sheltie mix. There is still pain when I think about it even now.

3. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They provide so much love and ask for so little in return. We have just discovered our little 10 year old Bichon Frise has the symptoms of , and is diagnosed with, kidney failure. Will be sad to not have her as my driving buddy. I have made a personal observation over the years that the folks I meet who have a place in their lives for pets are also people I admire and cherish.

4. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    At 5:35 this afternoon our little dog was barking at a passing human walking her handsome guy pet. I went to the window to see what was causing the commotion and at that instant our little "Gabi " was laying on her side quivering, let out a sharp cry and became limp. I knew she had passed away, yelled to my wife and we both tried to resuscitate her but were not successful. What can I say other than we have a great deal of pain to deal with. Why am I here typing this .. I don't know except that a few hours ago I was commenting on someone else's sorrow and need something to divert my mind.. The vet thinks she had a stroke or an aneurysm. We both cannot come to grips with her not being here and tonight and tomorrow will be a great challenge. I guess I'm just trying do something to avoid thinking about things.
    Speedracer: the little black dog you described was famous as a Dutch Barge Dog. We previously owned two brother Keeshond guys which we named Port and Starboard and when entering a port on our sailboat each would take up the appropriate position forward.
    "life is like a box of chocolates" ... gonna miss my little lady who will never ride beside me again.

5. harryg

harryg New Member

Port Townsend, Wa

Condolences to you both, I know how it feels when you lose your pets,
    a couple years ago we lost our Japanese Chins, its like losing your child.
    They were our children, we had them cremated and have their ashes
    in a place of honor with they're pics. We have two Tibetan Spaniels
    now, and love them as much as possible. Have you heard of the "Rainbow Bridge", its a little (poem?), may help ease the pain, just do a search on it.

Harry

6. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am so very sorry for your sudden loss. :cry: My some gross morbid coincidince, I'm a nervous wreck at the moment myself. The best that I can figure, my wolfdog (the one in my avitar) was apparently stung by some venemous insect on the leg the other day. The leg did swell up, but getting to the vet on a weekend is next to impossible where I live. Beyond the swelling, he didn't appear to be too uncomfortable, untill late yesterday. Now his leg is draining through the skin, and he's in really bad shape.

The way things are being done here at work, I cannot even get the time off, to get him in for emergency help, now that I have finally gotten hold of the local vet. I can only hope and pray, that he is not getting too much worse between now and tonight, where I'll finally be able to get him in, and leave him at the vets office overnight tonight.

I am sick to death, that coming to work this morning, may have been a life or death decision for a companion that I've raised from a 5 week old pup. It disgusts me that the inept buffoons that manage the company that I work for, are currently writing people up for having personal emergencies, getting stuck behind traffic wrecks, or getting sick.

7. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks folks, we have been out all day driving aimlessly trying to avoid facing reality. Guess there is nothing but the passing of time to soften the blow.
    Wolfman, not that we can do anything meaningful to help directly but you can be rest assured if thoughts can be of value we are both sending lots in your direction and hope things work out Ok.
    HarryG: yes thanks I have had a copy of "Rainbow Bridge" since I found it two months ago and had it printed and framed for our neighbors who had to put down their little guy. For anyone who loses an animal friend that provides considerable comfort. Give your little guys a hug from us.

8. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for all condolences,
    This was huge loss and specially this is 2nd(he uses to had another skiperkee) loss for my friend & his family. :cry:
    His first skiperkee was past a way about 4yrs ago by in house accident. And he did not think to get another dog but end up dog finding him.
    well 2 other dogs which he own right now is lost dogs. He found these dogs side of busy parkway in different time period, He try to look for owners still no to be found. I guess animal could tell who is good person to be with....

9. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Speedracer: Virtual communications certainly lack the personal touch which my generation are familiar with, however, over the past 10 years that I have become acquainted with meeting folks via this medium I think I have developed a sense of evaluating those with whom I have contact. Yes, a person can be duped (fooled) but I am ever the optimist and, without any reservation, I am determined that you and others that post at PriusChat are very special humans. You and others display such a remarkable degree of consideration, respect for other's points of view, empathy for the their feelings and an urge to assist everyone. I'm blown away and I've just have been here such a short period of time.
    My ultimate wish would be that we could all meet somewhere, sometime but that would be unrealistic.
    Hopefully we might meet someday :D
    By the way I mis-typed in one of my previous posts... the breed was a Belgium Barge Dog not Dutch Barge Dog ... I may stand to be corrected but anyway the two countries are adjacent.

10. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I am sorry. I had to "put down" my 12 year old Newfoundland Male Scannon. It was very hard to do. I understand. Peace.

11. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    hdrygas: Thanks friend, As we both said today we would both rather have to suffer this than to have not had the love and privilege of her company over the past few years. By the way when I noted the name "Newfoundland" in your post my interest was peaked because I'm one of the "those" who grew up on that island from 1934-48 and the breed of dog was very prevalent as I remember... so famous, having saved many folks in the outports from drowning because of their strong swimming ability and love for humans. I'm sure Scannon was very much loved by you. Take care.