1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just took the plunge for '06 Pruis!

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by gnagel, Dec 13, 2005.

1. gnagel

gnagel New Member

I just returned from the dealer (Orland Toyota, Orland Park, Illinois) after placing a deposit on a 2006 Prius. I "ordered" the Package #1 in Silver Pine.

The cost of the vehicle is $23,141 (vehicle base model @ $21,725 plus the package #1 accessories @ $836 plus a destination charge @ $580). It's my understanding that this represents MSRP for this vehicle.

The dealer was unwilling to negotiate at all given the waiting list for the '06 Prius.

The dealer mentioned that if I was willing to take the Prius in beige, the waiting time would be reduced. However, I have no interest in taking delivery before March as I would like to drive my old car through the brutal Chicago winter.

I wanted to purchase this car early enough in 2006 to secure the tax credit. I am assuming that a March delivery would serve that purpose.

Any thoughts?

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congratulations!!! and welcome to Priuschat even if you do have 8 posts :)

Just one minor point for whatever it is worth -- the Package #1 price is $650, so you must be getting some other accessories? Not a big deal even if you aren't.

The formula for securing the tax credit is pretty complicated and noone knows for sure just how many Hybrids Toyota will sell the first part of '06, but you should be ok for the full $3,100.

Good for you for holding out for the color you want.

Stick around here and learn all about your new car while you wait -- you have a lot of company.I have beeb waiting for a few months myself.

3. gnagel

gnagel New Member

My detail from the dealer shows that the Carpet Floor Mats & Cargo Mat account for the $186 difference. They made it seem like that was part of the Package #1--and mentioned that it wasn't optional.

Although it is not a deal-breaker, I am going to ask them to remove this item from my order. I think I can get some quality mats for less than $186.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

4. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

This "option" consists of mats inside a clear plastic bag.
    It is usually "installed" in port and easily lifted out of the car with one hand.
    Since you are ordering so far in advance, you should be able to pass on this port option.

As for the full credit, this cannot begin to phase out until July 01, 2006 at the earliest. B)