1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just turned down three '06 packages

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by GreenMachine, Dec 6, 2005.

1. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My dealer called this evening. He has three '06s arriving in Vermont before Christmas, and although I had indicated that I want to wait for the tax credit, he offered me first right of refusal since I am first on the list for an '06. (I have been on the list since early October.)

One Package #3, black; One Package #5, black; and one Package #7, Barcelona Red.

I am looking for a package #5, but really wish I could get a #7. Of course, he wants to sell them before the end of the year.

Long story short, I passed until the next allocation which should arrive before mid January.

It's not easy being green.

2. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

Comfort yourself that by waiting you will drive less in cold weather :D Currently right around 0 here in MN with short hops to the ice rink! I'll be excited to hear what you end up with

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Courage, dear Machine, courage! :)

4. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks MNPrius and Jack :) :)

A good night's sleep and I am good to go again. In the meantime, I can save up a few more bucks and go for the Nav package too. :p

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

It appears that my partner is going to be picking up her '06 Prius Saturday -- she's doing the preliminary paperwork at the dealer today.

She knows the tax credit would be greater if she waited until January; but she's currently renting a car until the Prius comes in, and any differences in tax savings will be offset by not having to pay rental car payments for the next month.

However, I wonder if this means there's an artificial -- and temporary -- bulge in the Prius supply around the US. I.e., '06 Priuses coming in that no one wants to buy -- until January 1, 2006. :)

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Funny, but that's exactly what I was going to lead off with upon waking this morning (yawn).

You're RIGHT.

We've seen no less, in a couple of days, than six unspoken-for '06s being offered from four dealers to people here. Multiply that by "the rest of the country" (non-PC-land). What we have here is BOTH a little bulge of '05s and of '06s. It's Lame-Duck Prius Month at your friendly Toyota dealer.

It will magically correct itself in, oh, 25 days.

7. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

Good to hear! Time is ticking away -- look it's another day gone already! And so far for this week I have 31.5 MPG :( but it is supposed to get in the 30s (F) by the weekend

8. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Well, it's 4 degrees f out there right now -- im just sitting here thinking of all the gas I'm saving. :lol:

To keep myself diverted, I just might try and figure out how much of a hit on mpg I am taking today on the Subaru Outback at these temperatures. Like most drivers, once I established the best mileage I ever got on a tank back in '98, I quit keeping track and keep that 25mpg in my mind.

Thanks again for the encouragment.

9. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Ouch! I've never seen MPG that low. This week included sub 0F temps and 3 hours of strain from a very cold photo shot with lots of engine on & off, and a more than usual amount of short trips. Despite that, the Multi-Display at 289 miles says 40.9 MPG.

Winter is a pain, but it brings a whole new perspective to the cold season and a fantastic exhilaration when Spring finally arrives. I couldn't imagine having to deal with Winter without a Prius. In fact, I'm trying really hard to forget those awful days from back in the 20th Century. In other words, whether you get your Prius tomorrow or have to wait from awhile, it is definitely worth it.

10. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

It's been in the mid 20's and 17F today and I am at 48mpg driving about 65-70mpg
    I do drive 50 miles to work each way, though.

11. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Got a fireplace?

Wood-burning or gas log?

Anything around there look like Currier & Ives?

Like hot chocolate?

:)

12. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

Well my car is new - only 2000 miles on it -- and I have a lead foot husband who is the principle driver! I'm tracking my MPG on my Dodge Intrepid and I think I'm at about 19, so it's still an improvement.

13. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm here in MN and I got around 50 today while my wife gets 30. She still hasn't figured out the right touch yet. As for myself, driving the Sienna today, I drove it like a Prius and when I refilled my tank, I averaged 23! It had been getting 13.

14. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

Welcome! There definitely is a touch involved isn't there -- and to be perfectly fair, I don't quite have "it" myself yet. But we'll get there and it's all about the journey isn't it! Sounds like it's going to be a nicer weekend B)

15. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm hearing snow...so I'm still mulling over snow tires. Are you on the regular tires that came with the car?