1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just upgraded to 11' Prius II from 04'

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Vision33r, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Vision33r

Vision33r Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey folks,

I just upgraded to 11' Prius II with 137k coming from a 04' Prius with 197k mi. I am leaving my 04' for my 16 year old son to practice driving. She still works fine except for the occasional power on freeze once a while.

As for my 11 Prius, my initial review is that the car feels so much more refined. It's got maybe 15% more power, just seems like it. More stable on high speed, turns are a little bit less predictable maybe I'm not used to the body roll yet. 04' Prius felt less assuring at high speeds but it never felt unstable.

Lack of good cup holders is a bit disappointing compared to most cars today that features 2 per passenger.

The other minus is the nose of the car is very difficult to see even if you are tall, it's just too rounded. The 04' was also bad.

The plus is the EV mode is awesome in car jams, less guesswork when my 04' often goes in/out of EV mode.

Overall, I am pleased I paid very little money for it since so many people are dumping Prius for Tesla.

RMB likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats!

gen 3 has a few issues. you would be wise to investigate egr circuit/intake manifold cleaning.
    and think about adding an oil catch can and changing the tranny oil.

all the best!(y)