1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just want one 2012 Prius v (lowercase v) Fog lamp, not a kit.

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Michele de Lucca-Lowrey, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Michele de Lucca-Lowrey

Michele de Lucca-Lowrey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had a tire piece on the road thrown up from a truck that hit my passenger fog lamp. Lamp works but the silver ring, plastic, broke and the headlight went in. Found the light in tack except for the one screw area broke. Considered gluing, but that may not hold. Where can I get a 2012 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) fog lamp, without all of the other items. Found an entire kit on Amazon Prime for $70.00, but interested in only the one lamp. too bad you can't just replace the harness. Right now held up with zip ties...working for now.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. Michele de Lucca-Lowrey

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you. I saw this but it only listed as a Camry under Toyota. I checked on another previously and they sent back that the one they had would not fit a Prius v. Is the v fog light any different than a regular?

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The foglights are the same. It wouldn't make sense for Toyota to make different foglights for each car they made.

From what I read in your original post, you only want the foglight, not the plastic shroud or trim rings. The one I linked will fit.

Here's a post that shows how many models share the foglight style housing we are discussing:

Projector Fog lights (BOLT ON) finally! | PriusChat

#4 xliderider, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
  5. Michele de Lucca-Lowrey

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you for clarifying things for me. Yes, I need the lamp and also I need a plastic silver ring trim which I have seen on Ebay for $17.00. I thought they looked the same and just wanted to be sure. I wish I could just get the black plastic housing for the lamp itself as the lamp works, but can't seem to see that that exists.

6. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You wouldn't believe the stuff I've repaired using two part epoxy adhesive, like this stuff: Amazon.com: J-B Weld 8267-S SteelStik Steel Reinforced Epoxy Putty Stick - 2 oz: Automotive

Two part epoxy putty, zip ties, and duct tape are some of the greatest things ever invented... :D

You should be able to put some epoxy putty on the mounting tab that is broken to repair it. Heck, you could probably mold your own replacement tab out of the stuff. Just mold it without the hole, then drill out the mounting hole after it is fully cured/hardened.

7. Michele de Lucca-Lowrey

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think I will give this a try as so far the zip ties holding are working well currently....Just wasn't sure the epoxy would hold...but seems reasonable, easy and all I need to purchase will be the ring. Thanks again!

xliderider likes this.
  8. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If the tab is cracked off in a clean break, clean it off with some alcohol, let it dry, then repair it with some super glue. Then reinforce the repair with the two part epoxy putty. Depending on where the break is, you might be able to use quite a bit of putty, since very little of the mounting tab surfaces actually go into the slots or mate with the surface that the one tab is screwed onto. You can test fit, and sand/grind away any excess epoxy material if necessary.

9. Michele de Lucca-Lowrey

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you for all your information for it has been extremely helpful!

10. lester williams

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hhmmm, noticed the wife's right side fog lamp was out when she pulled in the carport, she has a '12 v. Is this just a plug-in lamp I can get from the dealer? Or,, is voo-doo involved in changing?

11. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just have to drop the corner access panel under the foglight, there's 3 fasteners to undo. The bulb is a standard H11 55w halogen bulb. Turn 1/4 turn counter clockwise to remove bulb.

#11 xliderider, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015