1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just wanted to say ....Hi

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by tmgrl3, Aug 2, 2006.

1. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

Hi everyone!

Got my new 06 Prius July 18th...live on Long Island, New York...

Still on first tank of gas and looks as though I'm only going to get little over 300 miles on the tank...

Before I started reading things here, I had the car in Ig-On for a LONG time, while I set up the phone, address book, voice tags,...then my driving average was around 26.7 mpg.

Since then, I have been working on some of the driving techniques...I live in a very hilly area, but going down, (coasting) makes up for some of the climbing.

I think my real issue is that I take trips of 5-10 minutes at most....now I try to run many errands in one block of time, and if I run into house for few minutes, leave car in Park and not turn it off.

Got my tires psi up to 40/38...

Now I am up to 31.7 mpg and still have about 1/4 tank to go...

I was going to bring it in for service when I saw the 26 mpg...but now that it is going up, think I'll drive it and learn techniques...I set the AC to Auto and higher temp with lower fan...I have actually been able to get some "dead screen" time when I am able to get up around 40 mpg....and using braking less on the downhill coast....

Love the car.

I think I will cancel my service appointment for next week and work with a few tanks of gas. I only drive about 5500 miles per year now...I just sold my Toyota 1991 Camry for $1800 with only 85,000 miles on it.

John's service manual is UNBELIEVABLE!!! Thank you!

I am reading through it ....I love learning about the car and working toward higher mileage...hope I get at least 40 eventually.

Again...glad to be here.

terri

2. Lil Mo

Lil Mo New Member

Enjoy the ride!

:)

3. Lil Mo

Lil Mo New Member

Enjoy the ride!

:)

4. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on joining the ranks of the Prius owners. Keep on the lookout for the next Long Island Prius owners meeting. It's a fun group of people. I'm not even from Long Island, but they let me show up anyway!

5. marjam

marjam Member

Welcome to the "club"! The car is so much fun. :rolleyes:

6. Lola'05

Lola'05 New Member

Welcome. I know you will enjoy your car. Mine is now one year old and I love it more now than when it was new. You will find a lot of helpful hints here. I found the best thing for me was to just listen to and feel the car. Take a long road trip- the car will teach you. After a month of fixating on the screen, I started to ignore it, only to look once in awhile to see the average mpg for that current tank. The last several tanks have averaged between 51 and 57 mpg- and that is with the AC going pretty much full blast, this summer has been hot.
    Again welcome. Get used to that big,big smile on your face.

Lola'05