1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just would like to say hi

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by suvsBAH, Oct 4, 2007.

1. suvsBAH

suvsBAH New Member

Hi everyone. Just planning to come here when I am bored or by some chance have a question.

I literally just got the car today, and yes I am a geek for already looking for a forum :p

Anyway, I am a forum geek, I have many memberships with many different forums: the only other car forum I have attended is one for 4 Runner fanatics. The reason for this purchase after being dedicated to SUV's for about 11 years is that with my new job I drive...A LOT! Because of that I am paying out of the you know what for gas and it's getting to be nutz. I was going to get a Honda Civic hybrid but constantly so references how the Prius is a better car and deal. Then my fellow employee who is a hybrid nut too goes "You won't find one for they are on back order." So I call our local dealer and they just laugh, then pause, and it turns out they have this blue one. So about 3:30pm I sneak out work to take a peak, and I just fell in love with it. Now this should be a shocker for I am all about the SUV, just hate what it costs me in gas. Well I made a decision to save on gas, and since they have this one with all the bells and whistles: JVC, navigation, rear camera, and so on I figure what the hell. Paid a bit more than what I wanted to, and got a bit less for my car than what I wanted, but I am happy and hoping this will pay itself off in the end.

Other than that here is my first funny story about the car. So I leave the dealership without the introduction and what not for I have to get my kid so we can do this tomorrow. Well anyway I am at my job parking lot to drop off a few things, and I can't figure out how to get the key out of the hole for the life of me. Well just when I was about to call the dealership I see the power button and press it......keep in mind I fix PC's for a living, so to me this is very funny. I felt such like an end user. Going to look forward to learning all the gadgets this thing has; good thing it's stock so I don't need to worry about someone breaking into the car to steal it.

2. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car!!

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I love my Ford Expedition too, but for similar reasons of practicality (it's often how this fanatacism starts) I looked and and purchased a Prius. But I was convinced I couldn't live without my SUV and kept it for another 2 years. The 12v battery (brand new) died at least 4 times because I never used the SUV. I put something like 2000 miles on the Expedition the year I bought the Prius. ~1200 the second year, and used it to trade-in for my wife's Highlander Hybrid 2 years ago.
    Welcome and enjoy exploring the stickies and knowledge base sections here to get a grasp of some of the common tech issues and questions that come up.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    welcome to PriusChat! Nice story!

Congrats on your purchase and hope to see you around more often.