1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JVC KW-NX7000 DVD Nav radio going haywire

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by muellerfilm, Apr 14, 2010.

1. muellerfilm

muellerfilm New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My JVC KW-NX7000 DVD Nav radio has been outstanding until yesterday the blue tooth started going haywire and the microphone started cutting out. This morning I pulled everything out and I figured out that the blue tooth mic was causing all the trouble so I called JVC and the replacement mic is on backorder so I went to Fry’s Electronics and picked up a Garmin Blue tooth Microphone and it works so much better than the JVC microphone.
    I also relocated the mic as you can see from the pictures I originally had it mounted to the left of the top of the windshield. And now I moved to the top center. I drilled a hole in the panel in front of the sunglasses holder. Now I can use the Bluetooth with the windows down and there is no wind noise and the microphone looks installed instead of just stuck to the windshield.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. leeb18c

leeb18c Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Why didn't you put the mic in the factory location since you already ran the wire up there. It's just a few inches away. :)

3. muellerfilm

muellerfilm New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I did try there but the sound there was very weak behind the little opening. So I put it up front in the empty panel.