1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kamado ceramic BBQ grills

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by zenMachine, May 3, 2009.

1. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Haven't used that exact brand, but it's in the same group as the Big Green Egg...of which I'm a HUGE fan and believer. BGE has good customer support an lifetime warranty of the ceramic.

I see no reason why the Kamado wouldn't be a fine product too...but maybe overkill honestly. It takes me 15 minutes to light and be ready to cook on my BGE. I'll never cook with electric or gas on a BBQ again...period. The BGE is just too good and too convenient with the lump charcoal.

If the Kamado better meets your needs then go for it, I've never heard anything bad. But if you want an opinion I'd just go for the Big Green Egg, you can do anything you want cooking wise on it that you could do with the Kamado.
    Big Green Egg, World's Best Smoker and Grill

3. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for the tip on the Big Green Egg. There's a store near my house that has them. I'll be sure to check them out.

BTW, looks like the Kamado company that I first referred to is not very reputable. In fact, there's a even a forum to help people who got ripped off by them (or about to be ripped off, like me!)

Kamado Fraud :: Index