1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Karl Rove and the Prius

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by imntacrook, Apr 13, 2006.

1. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

Karl Rove specifically mentioned the Prius today in a speech in Houston today. Extremely interesting! I urge anyone who has not heard him to see if you can somehow ask C-SPan to re-run this talk and subsequent question and answer period. Regardless of what you may think of Karl Rove due to left wing smear tactics, he is absolutely brilliant and very Prius friendly. Not only did he talk at length about conservation and energy, he addressed a lot of other topics like Iran, immigration, and education. I was very impressed and not because I am known on PC as a conservative, but because he made absolute sense. So all you left wing nuts (I mean that as an endearing term) put your prejudices aside and see if you can't get a copy of this talk.

We need to come together right now.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ Apr 13 2006, 12:16 AM) [snapback]238973[/snapback]</div>
    First of all, I'm a "Classic" Conservative: I don't believe in debt, I believe in small gov, I want that gov the hell out of my life and not intruding in matters not their business, and I want that gov responsible TO THE PEOPLE not the other way around.

Second, you must have missed that CNN special on the current oil "crisis" which featured former CIA Director Jim Woosley living in his self-sufficient solar powered home and driving a white Prius.

There are very contradictory messages being sent by the NeoCon nuts when they personally live very frugal lives but keep trying to convince the Average American to Shop Till They Drop, even ridiculing them a few years ago for driving hybrids. Remember that comment from Cheney about hybrids? You just KNOW you're in deep shit when a NeoCon lives in a solar home and drives a Prius.

As far as all of us joining hands and singing Kumbaya, it's a wee bit too late for that. We're at a very sensitive stage right now and we no longer have the time required to repurpose our infrastructure. By "we" I mean the U.S. that issue isn't a problem here in Canada. That's why I moved here.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ Apr 12 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]238973[/snapback]</div>
    It must take a right wing nut to know a left wing nut.

:lol:

5. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Rove is one scary fat man. Why is it that so many right wingers believe that people of average intelligence are smart? It's kind of like people who think George Bush is smart. What does it say about their own intelligence?

Not much.

Nate

6. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Thanks for the link, Evan. But if someone can come up with a transcript to read, that would be even better.

DAS

7. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "It's Karl Rove...it's the brains. Karl...you're Bush's brains. I was expecting a much smaller man. Hee hee hee...I'm a dead man."

--Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, to Karl Rove, at the third Bush-Kerry debate, in one of the funniest bits to appear on air in the history of television

8. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

Where is the love? Where is the compassion?

9. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm a republican, and I have no love or compassion for Karl Rove because he doesn't deserve it. Whether he's intelligent and Prius friendly or not it doesn't matter, he's a criminal. Anyone who lies to and defrauds the American people gets no compassion or love from me, Republican or not. He's nothing but a slimy political operative.

This is off topic, although maybe not really but this whole club of bedwetters in Washington right now almost makes me want to leave the Republican party. What fools they've made of us.

10. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tochatihu @ Apr 13 2006, 01:41 PM) [snapback]239273[/snapback]</div>

Ya, I'd like to see the transcript as well. Us left wingnuts would have a hard time listening to Rove for an hour :ph34r: :lol:

Thanks for the topic natacrook! :)

11. Mirza

Mirza New Member

SW03ES,

I consider myself Independent, though I suppose I more likely to considered to have more liberal views than conservative ones (though a few of my viewpoints are very conservative). The Democrat party is no innocent either - Clinton made plenty of lies ("Read Attention Deficit Democracy) - and sadly the only one remembered was about sex.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SW03ES @ Apr 13 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]239515[/snapback]</div>

12. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SW03ES @ Apr 13 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]239515[/snapback]</div>
    It's people like you that give me hope that this country might actually return to reasonable political discourse some day.

13. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

There's been talk about Rove making a run in '08... So far, it's only rumors, but he hasn't publicly excluded it...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ Apr 13 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]239426[/snapback]</div>
    Bush/Rove bashing, all the same... Irrational hatred simply because all their friends hate them, or because of liberal oriented periodicals...

14. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Apr 13 2006, 11:56 PM) [snapback]239562[/snapback]</div>
    I never said they were.

Actually no, I think they're crooks, and sleazy dishonest slimy political operatives that really should be selling previously loved Oldsmobiles rather than running this country.

According to the common belief, everyone who dislikes this administration is not a mindless media drone.

15. LoveBeingGreen

LoveBeingGreen New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I browsed this topic, this was the ad at the bottom of the page. Anyone else get it? Did Danny put it there on purpose? Or was it just some amazing karmic political happenstance? :blink:

[attachmentid=2954]

Anyway it was too funny! :lol: :lol:

16. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 14 2006, 02:15 PM) [snapback]239787[/snapback]</div>
    I notice that you say that anyone who doesn't agree with your feelings on Bush must only be following there friends and it's impossible that they have thought about it and came to the conclusion that they don't like the way Bush is leading this country.

While I happen to strongly disagree with Bush and think that he's leading this country in the wrong direction, I can at least accept the possibility that some people like him (at least 35% of Americans, I guess). Rove, on the other hand, is a sleezy political operative of the worst kind. The types of things that he's been involved with, both during the Bush campaign and in previous campaigns, should make anyone nauseous.