1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Karr (security, replacement, and track)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ihawash, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ihawash

ihawash Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    To those who are familiar with the "pre-installed" karr alarm in prius Gen III which I think only exists in in California and neighboring states only;

how much did you pay for activating this system?

I was talked into buying it and paid 750 for the Karr security and 250 for Karr replacement? Was I ripped off?
    how much did you pay?

I am planning to buy the Karr track (which I think is something like lojack), how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks!
    Prius 2010 III with Nav (winter grey)

2. ALL_600D

ALL_600D New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That is a bit much. You should try to get a refund immediately. I am from San Diego myself and paid "cost" for the alarm. I was able to talk to the finance guy whom I convinced that I had no interest in the alarm system and rather than losing a sale, he opted to sell it to me for a fair price. If you can get a refund, I can perhaps get you a killer deal on a Karr alarm system. Just PM me at [email protected]. Also, where did you buy your car? I got mine from Toyota of El Cajon. After you PM me, I'll tell you why I opted not to get the Karr Track.

3. qbui

qbui Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    and I just purchased my 2010 Prius and the dealer already activated the Karr alarm because of insurance purposes. The salesman said the alarm retails for $700 but I was not interested then he told me the best he could do is $469 and I said no. Then the finance asked me if I wanted the Karr alarm and I said not for $469 and to de-activate it. He then lowered it to $399 and I said I will take it for $350 and he said OK without thinking about it. I probably can get it for less but it's probably an OK price. Hope it helps.