1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Katharine or Taylor

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, May 24, 2006.

?
  1. Yes, every show.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, sometimes when I can.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not since Bill Merchant was booted off.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Totally out of the norm for my entertainment likes . . . I actually enjoy watching American Idol :eek: (watching and listening to Katharine doesn't hurt either ;) ).

I guess 27.4 million viewers can't all be wrong. "American Idol" has defied the skeptics and is putting up its best ratings ever for Fox in its fifth season, despite the fact that "Idol" went head-to-head with the Winter Olympics on NBC in February . . . And according to several media buyers, the average cost of a 30-second ad on the Wednesday edition of "Idol" this year was more than $700,000, by far the highest rate for commercials during a regularly scheduled TV show. And for Wednesday's season finale, Fox is said to be charging $1.3 million for a 30-second spot, buyers said.
    http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/22/news/compa...l_fox/index.htm

What's your take on Idols?

2. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Taylor will win. I've always liked both Taylor and Katherine, but I thought Taylor did better last night.

But, the real reason Taylor will win is because he is from the South. Every Idol winner (and runner up) so far has been from the South. (Yes, Justin from the first season was actually born in Georgia and lived there for at least a third of his life before moving to Pennsylvania)

However, it is my theory that their voting system has become saturated. Last week, all three contestants got statistically equal votes. Less than several hundredths of a percent different. If each of the contestants have more fans than the phone lines have capacity, then that is exactly the kind of result you would get, regardless of the true ratio of the number of fans for each contestant. So don't be surprised if they announce a 50/50 split.

3. unruhly

unruhly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ May 24 2006, 07:44 AM) [snapback]260248[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting voting theory. Sounds to me to be dead on and I never even thought of something like that.

I truly think that Kat should win if it were to be on vocal talents, but Taylor has such charisma, he's hard to deny. My wife was adamant about voting for Taylor, so I told her for every vote she made, I'd make one for Kat. We both tried for well over three hours and neither of us registered a single vote!