1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Katzkin Installation in S California

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by turbosimon, May 30, 2010.

1. turbosimon

turbosimon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just got a 2006 Prius with 48,000 miles. I have been very happy with it so far and this forum has been an awesome resource for me. My Prius (Package#7) has pretty much everything but leather seats. Any recommendation for a good Katskin installer in S Cal please? I called Coach Automotive Restyling in Orange and they quoted me $1400. If the leather costs $700, the they are charging me $700 for installation? I saw other members paying $1000 for Katskin and installation.

Also, I am looking for a good Laptop mount. I drive from OC to San Diego at least 4 times a week and I need to use my laptop while I am driving. I am leaning towards to Ram mount but the model (RAM-VB-171-SW1) I want is not available for 2006 Prisu model. I am looking for something very sturdy as my Laptop is very heavy.
    Thanks!

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If I was a professional, I would never quote to install new fabric for $300.

To give you an idea, this is what it takes just to reupholster the driver's seat only -

* Disconnect 12V battery, unplug 3 conns. under seat, remove plastic cover caps over rear bolts, remove 4 seat bolts, remove seat

* Remove lower plastic trim from seat (this can be tricky)

* cut hog rings, remove hooks from frame, remove seat bottom

* reach down in foam channels, cut hog rings to remove bottom fabric

* cut hog rings off seatback fabric, remove headrest support brackets (tricky), remove airbag buckes, remove seatback

* remove seatback fabric

** Do the opposite to install the new leather.

*** Do the same for passenger's seat

**** Do the same for rear seats

No way I would do all that for only $300

3. rderow

rderow New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have brand new dark grey katskinz leather for 2010 2011 Toyota Prius and can have it installed for $1,100. It is the same leather and installer the dealer uses. I can even arrange a pick up of your car if you are close and drop off.

PM me