1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

[ KB ] Stuck in IG-ON Mode

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by Danny, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Category: 4 Known Issues
    Type: Other

Article Name: Stuck in IG-ON Mode
    Author: efusco
    Description: How to get the '04+ Prius 'Stuck' in IG-ON mode and get it back out again

[ Read Full Article ]

2. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got "Stuck" in Ig-On mode a couple of days ago. It was when I installed my EV button. I just went to turn it on, and got stuck. I said to myself: "O-Crap, I broke it!" Then, out of Frustration, I pressed it many times really quickly and it finally gave in and turned on.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

This happens to me about once a month, but occured twice in recent 2 weeks. I thought it might be happening because I was turning it on, and going into drive too fast. So the last time it happened one morning, I had consciously thought to take it slow, and let the car get into ready.
    I pressed the brake, then pressed power, waited a few seconds, didn't notice anything wrong, and attempted to go into R. On hindsight, I didn't hear the relays click on into ready.

Holding power down 5 seconds, then pushing it twice shut it down. Then it would go into ready and was normal.

4. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    When this happend to me... I had sucessfully started the car. Then, out of the blue, I decided to hit 'power' instead of putting the car into drive. Don't ask what I was thinking.

I quickly pressed power again and the car would not get past Ig-On. I pressed the 'power' button once again, after waiting two seconds, and the car shut off.

Pressing 'power' again started the car, and it was 'ready.'

The total time the car was 'ready' the first time was about three seconds or less.

5. tomglusch

tomglusch Junior Member

I followed the steps to "reproduce the likely problem," and after executing Step 5 ["While still holding the brake pedal, try pressing the (Power) button."] the car properly shut down. I have a 2005, so it appears that this issue was addressed.

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

In carefully reading the article this time, I see a flaw in 'reproducing' the problem. You are trying to go from Ig-On to READY while in Neutral. I haven't seen any info or tried this, but it may be that you CAN'T go to READY or power off while in Neutral.

I have gotten the hang while pressing the brake and pushing the button, and it does NOT go to neutral when I don't realize it is not in READY and try to go to D. Instead it beeps at me, and I realize I have an amber indicator.
    Car at this point won't power off, unless I push the power button without pressing the brake.
    I have gotten the 'hang' when already in ACC or Ig-On, and I try to go to READY without the fob available. In that case however, I have the immobilizer icon flashing at me. I have gotten the 'hang' without the immobilizer icon.