1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keeping factory radio Controls using IDataLink Maestro…

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Brian Mel, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Brian Mel

Brian Mel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I’m replacing the factory head unit with a pioneer CarPlay 4660 NEX using the maestro system. Nobody can seem to tell me if it will actually keep the settings of the factory radio where you program the lighting delays of the headlights, door lock controls, etc. and system diagnostic menus. And if you loose the ability to control those settings, does the ECU keep those locked in? What happens if you disconnect the batteries or get a new ECU, do you lose that programming?

Mambo Dave likes this.
  2. thomassster

thomassster Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Sorry if this is a very late reply and you got your questions answered but for what it's worth, I have an idatalink maestro and I'm able to control everything on the cluster just fine as well as the aftermarket stereo that I have. there was some diagnostic stuff the old stereo showed which the aftermarket one doesn't show, but it wasn't much.

Mambo Dave likes this.
  3. Mambo Dave

Mambo Dave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    Keep us informed if you do yours as well. I have a 2019, and it would be nice to have what 2019 cars should have come with in as far as being able to display the maps up there, etc.

Does a upgraded aftermarket radio better the sound in any way? I've only ever done the opposite - upgrading the speakers to a stock radio for better, more clear sound.

4. thomassster

thomassster Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I've already done this and an aftermarket head unit will definitely upgrade. The stock head unit was tweaked to sound "good" with the paper thin speakers, but not so great with upgraded speakers. a new head unit will come with an equalizer which you can individually control to your liking but the stock does not have much customization besides treble and bass. buy a unit that is idatalink compatible and assuming your current head unit doesn't have carplay, then buying a Maestro HRN-RR-TO2 harness makes the install much simpler and retains a vast majority of your stock car features.

Mambo Dave likes this.