1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kendall GT-1 Synthetic blend oil

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by AISpence, Sep 26, 2007.

1. AISpence

AISpence New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey guys, I know everyone seems to prefer Mobil 1 synthetic oil, but I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried Kendall GT-1 synthetic? The reason I'm asking is because my local Goodyear now has a special price on an oil change (that includes the Kendall oil) for $11.95 ($15.95 -$4.00 rebate). So, should I just go for the Kendall or should I insist on them using my own choice of oil? Thanks in advance! :)

2. jim0266

jim0266 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Angelique @ Sep 26 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]517949[/snapback]</div>
    Is that for the Semi synthetic or the full synthetic. I would have to believe at that price it's the semi-syn. If it's the full synthetic then that's a great deal.

The Kendall oil is from Conoco Phillips. They also make Trop Artic and Motorcraft motor oils. They are supposedly very close in specs. If you read up on them at Bobistheoilguy.com you will find they are well-liked oils. I'm currently running Trop Artic 5w-30 Semi Synthetic in my 2007 Prius.

If you were going to run extended drain intervals in your Prius I would look at a full synthetic. In that case I would probably go with Pennzoil Platinum.

But for normal 5K interval it's hard to go wrong with just about any oil and I personally believe you are wasting money on a full synthetic. I like the idea of the Semi Syn for the low temp flow properties. At $1.68 a quart Trop Artic is hard to beat.