1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kenwood DNX6960 Won't Download Address Book From iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by achalmers, Oct 31, 2010.

1. achalmers

achalmers New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Total noob here. Just bought a 2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer yesterday and decided to surprise my wife with a new nav system for the vehicle. So today I went into Mickey Shorr and got a Kenwood DNX6960 and was super excited about it. However, the buzz kill came when I paired my phone and the address book wasn't downloaded by the DNX6960. I only have 29 contacts and no pics associated with the contacts. I waited 20 minutes and didn't see anything on the device which either showed something was downloading or said, "Downloading Address Book." I was able to make a hands free call when I selected the contact from my iPhone. I also got an incoming call too. Afterwards, both the incoming and outgoing icons became active but the address book icon was still greyed out.

I've also been combing the forums on here for other head units and some say to change the PIN from 0000 to 1234 and unpair everything and re-pair. I'm not sure how to push the address book from the iPhone to the H/U. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Here are the specs on the iPhone
    Model: iPhone 3G
    Software: 4.1 (8B117)

Is there a firmware update for the DNX6960 that will fix this, or is it possible that Mickey Shorr (who I bought it from and who installed it) didn't do something correctly? I got the Kenwood KCA-IP301V iPod Cable too, but I assume the address book download process uses bluetooth. So what should I do, guys?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When the incoming and outgoing button come active, the address book should also. I have iPhone4 and my wife has 3G. Both of our phones connected fine. I just upgraded hers to 4.1. I will try it again and let you know if I am getting the same issue as you. Did repairing solve your problem?

Another thing you can check is the name of the contacts. Any non ASCII characters? Do you have non-English characters?

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    3G version 4.1 works. On your iPhone's bluetooth setting, under devices you will find DNX6960. In there make sure you have "Sync Contacts" turned on.