1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

KENWOOD KSC-SW1 POWERED SUBWOOFER - Crossover

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jkusnetz, Jun 25, 2006.

1. jkusnetz

jkusnetz New Member

Following the crowd here I ordered and installed the KSC-SW1. I did the install myself, wasn't too bad. I tapped into the Bazooka wiring harness I bought to use with my Mac Prius project. If you have one of these (keeps you from having to cut the original wires) be careful as the wires were misidentified on mine, it labled the front wires as back and the back as front. Also on the 2005 prius there are 2 harnesses going into the amp. The harness that has the wires going out to the speakers also have a blue wire that is labled on the bazooka wires as ignition power. I first tapped into that wire for the ignition power, but found it only put out 5 volts, not 12. The woofer won't power on with on 5 volts. I switched to the ignition wire on the other harness and that got it working.

Anyway, what crossover setting do you guys have your subwoofer set to?

Right now I'm not running the remote control into the cabin of the car, I just left it in the trunk hoping that I could just find a good default setting to use that would sound good with most of my music.

2. pre-cbs

pre-cbs New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jkusnetz @ Jun 25 2006, 06:56 AM) [snapback]276444[/snapback]</div>
    I have mine set around mid point

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    If you listen mainly to one music source, it should be easy to find a good level and top frequency. However if you mix cds with FM radio, you will probably find that many FM stations overboost the bass octaves as transmitted. A single compromise setting may not be possible.

4. pre-cbs

pre-cbs New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tochatihu @ Jun 25 2006, 08:30 AM) [snapback]276482[/snapback]</div>
    tochatihu, do you keep your phase switch in or out?

5. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Phase switch 'out'. Less bass boost (on mine) when it is 'in'. Just try it both ways.

6. HYPERPRIUS888

HYPERPRIUS888 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I ordered the KENWOOD KSC-SW1 DUAL 6.5" POWERED ENCLOSED SUBWOOFER which I plan to put under the front seats. I have NAV so I am not sure it will fit under the Drivers seat. I need detailed photos and exact wire locations and colors to pick up my signal and power for an 'O6 Prius. Thanks for any help.