1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key fob could not lock doors on 2015 Prius V-- fixed

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Denis Kavemeier, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Denis Kavemeier

Denis Kavemeier Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    A maddening problem came up today, where I could not lock the doors to my 2015 Prius V. Also, the "door ajar" light was constantly on the dashboard. However all four doors were closed tightly. When I tried to lock the doors with the key fob, the Prius emitted a long beep and did not lock the doors. I had the same issue with my secondary key fob. I changed the battery in the primary key fob, and the battery in the secondary fob was changed earlier this year. Still no luck with the problem. Then my wife suggested that the rear hatch might not be shut properly. When I opened it, I discovered that the cargo net was partially draped over the rear hatch latch. When I moved the offending net from the latch, the problem was solved. The door ajar light went out and the key fobs could now lock and unlock the doors remotely.

Oldwolf and bisco like this.