1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key Fob for sale.. best offer!

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by froSTed, Nov 2, 2005.

1. froSTed

froSTed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After my 2004 Prius was totaled, I was left with a few Prius things, my spare Key Fob that has never been used is one of them. I am keeping the original for sentimental reasons, and you would have to get it programmed for your Prius. How much is it worth to you? I am still heartbroken over the loss of my Prius.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it a SKS fob (silver Toyota logo) or a regular one?

Sorry about your Prius, are you going to get a new one? If so, keep the fob as a spare for the new one.

PM me a price and I'll consider if it's a SKS fob.

3. froSTed

froSTed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is the black fob that comes with the prius. I will not be getting another prius right away, the airbag problem needs to be fixed first. My prius would have been fixed if the airbag on the EMPTY passenger side had not blown, that drove the cost of repair up to beyond the worth of the prius.
    Right now, it looks like the best offer has been $110.
    More details on the fob:
    This was my spare key fob, it has not been used in the car, it is in excellent condition and works. Any other questions will gladly be answered.

4. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It sounds like you'd be happy with an 06. From what I read, the passenger airbag won't deploy if noone is in the seat OR if they are too light in which case it would be dangerous.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sorry, but you still haven't answered the question. Is it a SKS fob or not? All the fobs are black, but the SKS ones have the Toyota "T" emblem in silver on the black fob. But you don't even have to look, all you have to do is tell us if your car had the SKS or not.

6. craigcush

craigcush Member

I feel for ya. Mine was done in from the rear. no air bag deploy.

Kept one of my sks fobs after my total, one went with to the salvage auction. I wonder what it costs to reprogram. Any one asked or had it done?

7. froSTed

froSTed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am sorry, the T is black, the whole fob is black plastic. So that would be no SKS on this fob.

8. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

I bid $110 when I thought this was an SKS fob, but I pulled that bid when it became clear it was not an SKS bid. I want to apologize... I should have gotten verification that it was SKS before placing my bid. I also wanted to post here to make sure that nobody accuses froSTed of any shilling if he reports that the $110 bid he had was cancelled. That cancelled bid was my fault.

9. froSTed

froSTed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks.
    The keyfob is still for sale if anyone is interested.