1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key fob problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bcmarks, Dec 11, 2006.

1. bcmarks

bcmarks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've had my Prius just under a year, and a week or so ago I noticed that when I pushed on the unlock-door button on my key for, there was no "springiness" in the button, and I couldn't unlock the door with it. The other buttons work fine. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think it should be covered under the 3-yr warranty?

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i had the issue on my 04. it was just occasional and not easily reproduced. it was in my old apartment and i began to notice it happening mostly when walking down the sidewalk to my car. there were two people in my complex that were sharing their internet with a wireless setup and their apartments were aligned with the sidewalk. i think the wireless signal was interfering with my fob's signal.

i took it to the dealer. they could not reproduce the problem but did reprogram the system for a different frequency. after that, it happened a few more times, but not since i moved from that place this past July. after i moved, it was only 6 weeks before i had my accident and on my new Prius with smart key, i have yet to see if the fob unlock works.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    should be covered. it happens from time to time, they give you a new programmed fob and you're on your way.