1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key Fob Programming Group Buy on Long Island

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by Nadler, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Nadler

Nadler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you're like me and lost your a Prius key fob and live on Long Island, H00kTern has agreed to send a group of us the necessary reprogramming equipment. As I understand it, this equipment will reprogram either a new or a used fob for a Gen 3 or a Gen 2. H00ktern will take us through it step by step on the phone including providing the 'seed' number if necessary. This would be at a much reduced cost from the dealers' price.

I agreed to host this at my house in Setauket or we can even do it any place with a wifi connection, if more convenient for the group.

Please let me know if you are interested ASAP. Either leave a reply to this message or PM me.

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    ** Mod Note - not gen 3 specific, so this goes into the local events section. Please be mindful of which forum you choose to post in. **

3. kapaoke

kapaoke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    sent u pm... let me know.. i am willing to travel 1hr 30 min from Brooklyn ..
    btw i assume fob should have
    FCC ID: HYQ14ACX serial

4. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The requirement is that any new keyfob have the same FCC ID as the original ones. There's at least one Prius out there with an AAB keyfob (in the standard Prius case). Toyota/Lexus make a variety of keyfob cases for different cars, and several of them use the same ACX electronics as is usually found on the Prius.