1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key inside glitch

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Former Member 68813, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The car beeped at me when I tried to lock it. Initially, I thought I forgot to turn it off. But no, it said "keys detected inside". Not so, as the key was in my pocket outside when I tried to lock it and the other key was 10 miles away at home.

I tried again and it worked. I'm thinking software glitch, as I didn't use cell phone and the car was in a garage without any radio sources. That gives me appreciation for other weird glitches we hear about. I wonder how many lines of programming code Prius contains and how much of that has bugs.

2. TsKarma

TsKarma Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The same error occurred to me when I just drove the Prius out of my work's parking garage about a week ago. I was about 150 ft from the parking spot. I decided to park and turn off the car. The error did not repeat after I restarted the car. Weird....

3. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When I played with the MVCI and techstream, I discovered a number of old inactive codes in the Smart key area: U0100, U0142, U0155, and U0293. Not sure if this is due to the glitch or the dealer forgot to clear the codes after car shipping during dealer prep. I cleared them and will see what happens.