1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keyboard Settings - Ignored on Bluetooth/Phonebook?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Manksgloob, May 23, 2006.

1. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

I have a 2006 Prius (manufactured in 04/06).

I set the default keyboard layout to QWERTY (via Menu) and for the most part it has complied.

However, under the phonebook the keyboard there still uses the ABC layout with no option to change it.
    Is this behavior normal?
    I dislike how all the keyboards follow one layout but then this one in the phonebook decides not to.

I apologize if this has been posted before; searching yielded no similar topics.

2. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anyone have any insight on this issue? Please?

Perhaps I was too specific in my topic title. Barely anyone bothered to click and read the thread :p

3. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    *bump*

No opinions?

Anyone?

:(

4. chayashida

chayashida Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My opinion is that it sucks. I'd like to have a Qwerty keyboard for all input.

I don't think there's going to be a fix for it, though, unless you can upgrade software for the Prius. This isn't something easy, like updating map data.

Post something if you find it, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. :(

5. brooks.filmond@gmail.com

[email protected] New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Manksgloob @ May 23 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]260084[/snapback]</div>
    I took delivery of an '07 Prius this week and it has the same problem unfortunately.

6. walt

walt New Member

Bel Air, MD, USA -=- Blair, Merlin, Merka
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Manksgloob @ May 23 2006, 11:09 PM) [snapback]260084[/snapback]</div>
    probably assumed that users want to have something that looks like their phone dialpad.

7. clarkeb

clarkeb New Member

Then maybe it should be made so you have the four rows of three with the numbers like on a phone and you just have to hit the number one 3 times for the letter C, etc!

8. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Whoa, replies.

My guess is that either Toyota engineers don't know this is a problem, or they know and just don't care enough to fix it.

Maybe if enough people inquire as to what the issue is, then they might do something about it.

And yes, it is possible to update the software running on the Prius via a firmware update. It's what they did to the 04's that were stalling and shutting down on the side of the freeway due to a software error.