1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

KEYED

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pingman, Aug 19, 2007.

1. pingman

pingman New Member

ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!! My Prius was keyed sometime today ,about an 8 incher across passenger door :angry: :angry: :angry: The Prius is the sixth vehicle in my life and the first to get keyed.

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    aw what a prick. i feel your pain. we had 2 doors and the rear quarter panel repainted last week. :( sorry. yeah, we've owned something like 12 vehicles between the 2 of us and this is the nicest one, the first new one and the first to get keyed too.

good luck with the fix.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ouch sorry to hear that. Yeah some punk kid keyed my car (while I was IN the car too!). I didn't want to challenge him... thankfully it was a short one.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    if i had caught the person who keyed my car... well... it would have been an ugly scene.

5. kdailey356

kdailey356 New Member

I am 18, a great driver, and probably drive the lowest key car ever (my silver prius). My first car was a 2005 Range Rover... because my dad thought it would be big and safe.. and it had 900 miles and he didnt like it. Anyways, the range rover ended up getting traded in for an 06' LR3... then i got the prius... 3rd week i parked it at the mall, someone keyed the whole length of the passenger side two different lengths.. it ended up being 1,390.00 to repair.

I swear there is prius hate somewhere.. the only way i could think that someone did it was they saw i was young, and i do have a chatham high sticker on my rear window, and chatham is one of the most expensive towns (not to sound conceited) on cape cod... but im still clueless:( it was really sad.. and how classy is that? to key someones car? soooo 90's man

6. geodosch

geodosch Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pingman @ Aug 19 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]498881[/snapback]</div>
    I'm so sorry to hear that, and you have my complete sympathy. I'd go ballistic if someone did that to me. And from seeing the number of others who have said it's happened to them too, it really makes you realize how many people there are who hold an irrational hatred of Prii.

There's another thread about people who have experienced negative reactions from other drivers (myself included.) Some question whether the posters weren't just paranoid, though I do believe there is definitely an anti-Prius faction out there. :(

7. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry to hear that! its never good no matter what you're driving!

8. tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg New Member

What would make someone damage another person's property without provocation? I just don't understand people sometimes.

Whether it's an anti-Prius thing or not, it's still unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear about that.