1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keyfob Behavior Changing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Wynder, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Wynder

Wynder New Member

Okie -- I'm at work and can't sneak out to the car to get my manual... could someone enlighten me as to how I would go about changing the behavior of the car so that when I open the drivers' door, all doors would unlock?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Nadler

Nadler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Got my red #5 yesterday. I'm reading the manual now....just past your section.
    I just mentioned to my son that I was amazed that there are about 30 pages in manual devoted to locking and unlocking the prius!

Page 32
    "CHANGING THE DOORS TO BE LOCKED
    Each time you push the lock button together with the panic button on the smart key for about 5 seconds with the hybrid system off, the setting for door unlocking will change as follows:
    1. Driver's door unlocking mode: If you perform smart unlocking operation on the driver's door, it will unlock. Performing unlocking operation on the front passenger's door or back door will unlock all the doors. When the system switches to this mode, one beep sounds inside the vehicle and two beeps sound three times.
    2. All door unlocking mode: Performing smart unlocking operation on either front door or back door will unlock the doors. When the system switches to this mode, one beep sounds inside the vehicle and two beeps sound twice.
    3. Single door unlcoking mode: The driver's door or back door on which you perform smart unlocking operation will unlock. However, performing unlocking operation on the front passenger's door will unlock all the doors. When the system switches to this mode, one beep sounds inside the vehicle and two beeps sound once."

4. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yeah, but wouldn't you need to be at your car, where the manual is, in order to change the unlock behavior?