1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keyfob programming instructions for Classic?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DiamondEye, Jan 25, 2006.

1. DiamondEye

DiamondEye New Member

Hi all,

Well, long story short, I need to reactivate my keyless entry keyfobs for my 2003 Prius. I had two, one got crushed at a carwash (don't ask) and the other was shoved in a drawer for two years before I rediscovered it. Needless to say, I paid buku bux to get a replacement keyfob and get it programmed, only to find the long lost mate to the original one. I thought I'd be smart and try the old one to see if it would still work. I expected that it might not work, what I didn't expect was that it would invalidate my replacement keyfob. Now neither one will work =(

Soooooo, rather than spending a small fortune for the dealer to reprogram them, I'm trying to find the instructions to do it myself. The only page I found that I would consider buying the instructions from, said one had to have at least one working key for the instructions to work. Well, that leaves me out.

Is there anything I can do or should I just go back to the dealer and let them stick it to me?

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Posted by Brent, in the sticky "hacks and Easter Eggs" thread in this subforum (15 Nov 05). The post suggests that the method works for the new model Prius, but responses in the thread make it clear that it's for the classic.

3. 02Prius

02Prius New Member

I was looking for replacement keyless entry remotes not too long ago and I found a site that had them for like $30 a piece NEW for my 02 Prius & 99 4Runner.

My local Toyota dealer wanted $172 for a remote & programming for the Corolla & $84 for the 4Runner.

I had them delivered in less than a week and the programming instructions only took maybe 10 seconds?

Anyways, here's a link to the site:

Https://www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

Just click the Toyota category, or type your model in their search box.

I think they have a listing for every car/remote.