1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keyless Entry Extender Accessory

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ramdisk01, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ramdisk01

ramdisk01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A most desired and valuable accessory from the Prius crowd would be a powerful rangebooster. This could be in the form of a booster on the original key fob or even a seperate unit.

It could even come in two flavors. One for Engine Start, and another for A/C only start. Toyota failed to give their owners enough range on the factory units, so I detect an aftermarket opportunity.

2. jim256

jim256 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Something along these lines?:rockon:

Attached Files:

3. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just hold the Fob/Remote under your chin, touching you chin. Extended range 2x or more.
    (Optional, stare at your car, and concentrate real hard)

Your body acts as an antenna.

Many videos on this on Youtube. There seems to be a strange side-effect, the quality of the remarks indicate that every time you do this, the IQ of the commenters goes way, way down...

Same reason the older 900Mhz phones doubled in range and clarity when held to head. Sadly they only make 2.4 & 5.8 Ghz ones now, the human body has no more effect.
    The 900Mhz Radio Shack cordless from the late 80's, with the whip antenna, you could be in your neighbors house and it would work.

4. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    An aftermarket remote start will fix the problem. The FOB is good for up to 1 mile and using your smart phone there is no limits on range.

5. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i think holding it to your throat and sticking your tongue out works a little better... a good 30 to 40 ft better.

1 person likes this.
  6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There are other options too, but clean up gets to be a problem.

:D

Tom

1 person likes this.
  7. cleansky

cleansky New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have Viper 5701 with SmartStart, so I do carry only Toyota's key fob and my smartphone, Viper;s remote is sitting on my night table so I can hear that the alarm is on if the car is parked a block away.

Smartphone only required for remote start, you can arm/un-arm after market alarm by touching the door handle or just use OEM remote.