1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keyless Entry FOB

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tduff311, Dec 12, 2017.

1. tduff311

tduff311 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I bought my car about three years ago, it’s a 2007 Prius, at 154k now, with keyless FOB entry. It used to be that, when I had the key FOB with me, it would detect that and when I touched the door handle the doors would unlock… Furthermore, it would detect I had the FOB with me and I could just hit the start button without having to insert the FOB into the car. However, neither of these functions works anymore. I have to hit the unlock button on my FOB and I have to insert the FOB into the car to start it. I had thought that the battery in the FOB was just low and replaced it, but this has had no positive effect. Any suggestions or advice from people who have encountered the same and resolved it?

iPhone ?

2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have bought dead batteries before. I'd start with making sure the new fob battery is actually good and installed correctly.

3. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Try to turn the keyless system off and on again from the button “key” under the steering wheel.
    Out=keyless system on
    In=keyless system off

dolj and jerrymildred like this.