1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keyless Entry Suddenly Won't Work

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bnelson79, Sep 5, 2008.

1. bnelson79

bnelson79 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a 2008, package 3, Prius. It has worked fine up until recently when the keyless entry stopped working. The SKS button is on but when I try to unlock the doors and open them by grabbing the handle nothing happens no matter which door you try. (The hatch does work, but none of the others.) And when I push the handle button to lock the doors, I just get a long beep and none of the doors lock. The only way to lock the doors is to use the fob, and the only way to unlock them is with the fob. Suggestions???

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When I get the "Long Beep" its usually telling me that one of the doors is "Ajar". Usually its the rear hatch that did not close properly. You might check the door close switches and make sure they are working properly!!

Good Luck and let us know!!

73 de Pat KK6PD

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Or the fob battery is dying, which you can test by trying the spare fob.

Or you have the fob in a pocket which also contains a cell phone, a mass of coins or other keys, or other electronics and/or conductive objects which interfere with the fob, which you can test by holding the fob alone in your hand as you try the door handles/buttons.

4. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    There is another SKS fob inside the vehicle - that's usually my problem when I get the long beep. Or the car is in ignition on , on, or accessory mode (did that one too). Or it could have been disabled accidentally? (see manual to reactivate) But in that case I don't think it would beep. Whatever the reason, it is trying to tell you that there is something you need to address before leaving the vehicle. In my case it killed my starter battery because I didn't hear the long beep when my neighbor was cutting his lawn and left the car in ignition on mode for 9 hours. We all learn. Good luck.