1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keyless/Smart Entry Stopped Working (After Several Potential Issues)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dunnobro, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Dunnobro

Dunnobro New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Okay, so Sunday I ordered a new SKS Fob as a christmas present for me sister who I share the Car with.

(2007 Hatchback)

After many attempts with the chicken dance, I succeeded only in getting it to work only to turn car on while in Dash. No buttons, no smart functions.

At this time, I'm fairly certain my original FOB still retained smart functions, but I did have them turned off while I fiddled with it.

Then, on Monday; Her boyfriend attempted and failed to hardwire a dashcam into my car. He left the fuse extender in, and dangling.

Now, on Tuesday, neither the smart entry or keyless start work. The buttons still work. And I also replaced the battery in the FOB.

Whenever I try to Keyless Start, the car beeps and gives me a Yellow Key Symbol, with a line through it. (Indicating it doesn't detect the key in car)

Any potential DIY or professional solutions that won't break my bank? A LOT is going wrong for me this month. And while I don't NEED the smart functions, it'd be nice to get a win and get them back.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think you will need to carefully go over all the attempted connections her boyfriend made.

3. Dunnobro

Dunnobro New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    AFAIK he just plugged it into an open fuse. I pulled it out.

But i'll go back and verify

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    also, check your 12 volt health, and test the new fob battery at the same time.