1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

keyless startup?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by politically corrupt, Jan 16, 2006.

1. politically corrupt

politically corrupt New Member

I live in buffalo...it's cold...I don't feel like messing with a block heater and I was wondering if there was a way to start the car using the key fob.

I've noticed the car engine will run without the key fob being in the car.

I mean there's got to be a way to start up the prius without sitting in it and pressing the power button...gotta be...

2. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

why would you want to do that?

3. politically corrupt

to warm it up without going outside

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

do you want to warm up the engine for better fuel economy or do you just want to make your cabin warmer? I assume you are talking about fuel economy since you mentioned a block heater. Am I correct?

5. politically corrupt

a little bit of both I suppose. :D

6. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

if you don't want to use a block heater then there is no way to do it without bringing your fuel economy down

7. politically corrupt

well it's 12 out right now let's say just to warm up the cabin then...

8. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I think some were able to install remote starters. I have to run so can't look for it. somebody else will probably fill in

9. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    our best bet is a remote starter system. Is so cozzy to enter a warm cabin in the cold mormings :( and it only takes no more than 5 minutes to do so..
    Took me a while to interfaced the accesory ( electronic starter) that works correctly but still I'm brain-storming on the mather of the fob, for now I leave the RFID in the socket and lock the car with the hard key untill I get the right type of bypass interface that works. So far I tryed 3 types with no much sucess.
    No problems with thef or robery on my car, it slepps outside with other 4 in our guarded driveway.
    When the job is completed, I will post instructions to do so and the electronic interface to be used, & thanks to the shared information from Skew. ;)