1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keys are so old fashioned!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lpleiss, Nov 6, 2004.

1. lpleiss

lpleiss New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    OK, this is a little embarassing, but I figured you all could appreciate it.

Today we were out shopping in our mini-van (ugh!) and I had to drive since my husband forgot his wallet. Well we stopped at one store and I got out and walked around the van to get my daughter out of the back seat. My husband says to me "Do you think you should turn off the van and take out the keys?" Ugh! <head slap> I told him it's too many steps, in my Prius it's one step, press Power and get out of car. Now he wants me to put the van in park, turn off the ignition and remember the keys! Keys are so yesterday!

Thought you might like a laugh, and maybe I'm not the only one that has key issues when driving these old fashioned cars.

Luta :oops:
    --patiently waiting for the hybrid Sienna (hopefully with SE/SS)

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I can see this happening. I am VERY linked into my SKS. Parking brake, Power and I'm out of there! I have only driven my wife's car once since I got the Prius. She had a flat and had to go get our daughter at school, no time to wait for me to change it. I haven't done it, but I can see me doing it after some months. Since we both now have cars that hold 5 max, there isn't any reason for her to borrow my car. :)

3. rflagg

rflagg Member

My mistake was driving my Neon a few months back. Pulled into a parking spot at the grocery store, and tried powering off the car. I was able to remember that this vehicle had a key, so I tried and tried to turn the key and take it out, and it wouldn't budge. After less than a minute of trying, I realized the problem - have to put these old fashioned things in Park first, can't turn it off when it's in drive, even with your foot on the brake!

At least my partner was as confused as I was at the time, so I don't feel too bad. :)

-m.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    [align=center:53b1b8863e] :iagree[/align:53b1b8863e]

5. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I still reach into my pocket to get my keys...guess it's a reflex that is hard to break... as I am coming up on 48 years of driving... most of those years were with a key.. I did put a switch into a truck that turned it on and off when I was in the Navy..stationed on a BIG boat that was a long walk to go back and get my keys when I forgot them..

Bob Andersen