1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kia EV6 and dead puppy

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by PA Prius, Feb 15, 2022.

1. PA Prius

PA Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    What were they thinking with that super bowl ad?? One of the biggest fears of EV newbies is range anxiety or what happens if I run out of juice. And Kia runs an ad showing a robo puppy's battery dying?!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It's psychological. If you buy one the implication is you save the puppy from death/a dead battery....

REVVL V+ 5G ?

4. dbstoo

dbstoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Maybe they can spin this around. Prompted by a news report, my wife and I were talking about the impact of being caught in a snow storm on closed roads in a BEV. She pointed out that the highway department could bring gasoline to the stranded people who ran out of gas while keeping the car warm. They could even siphon gas from nearby cars in an emergency. Her point was that they can't do that for the BEVs that ran down the traction battery to keep warm.

Some cars are configured so that they can provide power to the grid. With the proper circuitry they should be able to do a car to car energy transfer. That would help stranded motorists in general. And that's what they should have highlighted in that commercial. IIRC, the commercial showed the car was still charging from the grid while the puppy was charging. It would have portrayed a different mood if the car was shown in motion while the pup was charging from the car battery.

5. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If this is all you got from that commercial, you have a cold heart............

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    If electrics would have caught on before ice, and the auto club vehicle was only designed for recharging and Ev, only the Uber negativity folks would say gas doesn't work.
    AAA-Mobile-Charging-626x417.jpg
    Welcome to the 21st century

Tideland Prius and Zythryn like this.
  7. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The puppy isn’t an EV.
    The ability of the car to charge the puppy is warm/cute. It is brilliant if the car can actually be used to charge other items.
    The casual way in which the driver charged the puppy speaks to the driver having no concerns about loosing a bit of charge.

Now, if the EV had run out of charge that would be different.

Trollbait likes this.
  8. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Guess I was hoping for a Dr. Demento thread but I clicked anyway.