1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kia or Hyundai: Which is the Better Car Brand?

Discussion in 'Hyundai/Kia/Genesis Hybrids and EVs' started by Aashvi Sharma, Apr 8, 2023.

1. Aashvi Sharma

Aashvi Sharma New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Aqua
    Model:
    One
    Hello everyone,

I am in the market for a new car and have been considering two brands: Kia and Hyundai. I am having trouble deciding which brand to go with, so I am hoping to get some advice and recommendations from the community.

Here are some factors that are important to me:

Reliability - I want a car that is reliable and won't break down easily.

Safety - Safety is a top priority for me, so I want a car that has good safety features and ratings.

Performance - I want a car that has good performance and handles well on the road.

Comfort and Convenience - I want a car that is comfortable to drive and has convenient features like a good infotainment system and comfortable seats.

Price - I am on a budget, so I want a car that is affordable and won't break the bank.

Based on these factors, can anyone provide some insights into which brand might be the better choice for me? I have heard good things about both Kia and Hyundai, but I am having trouble deciding between the two.

Any personal experiences, recommendations, or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Asking which is better over here versus Hyundai is like asking which is better Chevy versus gm. It's really the same company with separate divisions. Both are somewhat controlled by South Korea. Whichever you pick, it's pretty much the same. At one time, Hyundai was considered the higher end brand - while Kia was more economy. Now that's not the case.

#2 hill, Apr 8, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
  3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Kia became a sister company of Hyundai when it went into bankruptcy at the end of the1990's. The companies share platforms and drive trains, so it's mostly aesthetics that is the difference between models.

4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You can get great cars from either brand, and as noted they are coming out of the same factory anyway.

It's mostly about picking one you like for safety, comfort & price. You aren't going to see much variation in reliability- they're all good.