1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

knocking noise

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by IBGPRIUS, Mar 23, 2012.

1. IBGPRIUS

IBGPRIUS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have Toyota Prius 2006 with about 58k miles. For the last 12-16 months I encounter the following problem: when I press brakes, I hear nocking noise. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does it only happens when I press the brakes. Once I brought my car to a Toyota dealer and waited for an hour until my car was taken for a service. Mechanic found no noise. I tried to produce this noise but my car didn't want to cooperate. I don't see any messages on a display screen. It happens with power on/off and pressed brakes.
    Is anybody know what the knock is and how to get rid of it?
    :confused:

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Mods, pls move this to Gen II Care, Maint...

The brake accumulator pump makes a ratcheting-sound, like a burst of rounds from submachine gun, and such noise is normal. Are you saying that instead of that ratcheting sound, it is something else? Does it sound like a bark?

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-technical-discussion/19051-my-brakes-barking-me.html

The very bad news is that you are way out of warranty for any brake system problem, and any repair at a dealership will be very expensive if it involves the actuator.

1 person likes this.
  3. Volignyt

Volignyt Pro Cleanse

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have bought a 1996 Renault Clio and there is a knocking noise under my feet when I turn a corner.
    Pro Cleanse

4. Dalton Warren

Dalton Warren New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey guys new here how do I start my own post anyways I have an 07 Prius with a rattling or knocking noise can't tell if it's engine or transaxle only check engine light codes are po300 po301 P0302 po303 PO 304 changed spark plugs and coils and new fuel injectors 2800 miles ago took each spark plug out and all but cylinder three were all brown and cylinder three was pure white like it came out of box but could tell it was sparking stumped on what I should do please help

5. Dalton Warren

Dalton Warren New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Also car has 305000 miles on it