1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Known "Noise Package" Needed?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Anam Cara, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Anam Cara

Anam Cara New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, this is a brand new 2010 Prius... Purchased at a dealership in Colorado and driven home to New Mexico... On the trip home there was a sound at low speeds like a bushing rubbing emulating from the right side front... Granted, upon taking it immediately to my local dealership, the (hopeful) "fix" was installation of a "Noise Package" which I was told consisted primarily of felt and double-stick tape added under the dashboard) and additional lubing of the body,
    but if an immediate "fix" was for a known problem, shouldn't the original dealership have installed this "package"??
    Should prospective buyers of the new GIII Prius ask if the package is already installed, or has Toyota already added it to the assembly line process??

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If it's like a typical Technical Service Bulletin, TSB, these fixes are applied only to vehicles exhibiting the symptoms described in the bulletin.

That is, there's no need to fix something that's not broken (and not exhibiting the symptom).

3. RickFlashman

RickFlashman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Before you freak out, this is typical for all cars since forever... this is why dealers are supposed to do a "test ride" before delivery.

4. a64pilot

a64pilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Did it work?

5. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

On this topic - is there a place where we can obtain a listing of outstanding TSBs for the '10 Prius?

1. Would be good to know in case specific issues arise.
    2. Would be good to know if a problem covered on a TSB is just beginning on your vehicle.
    3. Be good to have this as an owner - like Freedom of Information Act. And we're forearmed, if the dealer is not aware of a fix.

I have an early-production V (#1628) - in case there's running changes etc that may be covered as well.

6. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    1 person likes this.
  7. MikeDS

MikeDS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wow, thats a lot of dough to look at a list...

8. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  9. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Evidently there is a little known Chargedom of Information Act.

10. DeanFL

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You guys hit it on the nose - what I meant was --- list the current TSBs here on PC. Wouldn't think that's a conflict of interest. I mean I'd like a bit more for my $28K than just a nice car....

11. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    AllData is a free source to see the TSB titles, but you have to register to get access. And with every manufacturer there will be standard TSBs that provide information to the dealer, but aren't an issue for a customer; things like pre-delivery inspection instructions, fob programming instructions, etc.

And last I looked, there was a little bit of a lag from the time a TSB was issued until it appeared on AllData's list.

ALLDATA - Leading Provider of Automotive Repair Information and Solutions

12. DeanFL

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Just looked at the site and went to register, until I got to the year of the car. The choices stopped at 2008. Huh? Perhaps the manufacturers do not release this info to the general public on newer models. ie - must pay for it thru their own web sites....

??????????????????????

13. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I used the site a few years ago before you had to register, and they had a disclaimer about Honda not allowing access to TSBs through AllData. I guess everyone jumped on the bandwagon.