1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Knoxville TN experience

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by nanbow, May 19, 2005.

1. nanbow

nanbow New Member

I hadn't really seen any information about Knoxville, so thought I'd add my experiences. I see a Prius on the road every few days, but haven't had the opportunity to talk to any local owners, so I had to do my own evaluation.

There are 3 local dealerships, Fox, Airport Toyota, and Toyota of Knoxville.

Fox is charging MSRP, but wants a $100 fully refundable deposit. You can send them email, but really, they like to use the phone. I personally like email because then it's in writing. Waiting period quoted was 12 weeks.

I ordered from Toyota of Knoxville because they don't want a deposit and are charging MSRP. Waiting period quoted was 3-6 months.

I am telling anyone who cares about my experience with Rick McGill's Airport Toyota in Alcoa TN.

They require a $500 deposit. When I agreed on the condition it would be fully refundable, he 'worked something out' with his GSM where that would be OK.

This is a quote from the email that was the clincher for me:
    "Our dealership has a $1596 adendum on every new car".
    They also told me 4-6 weeks. That sounded somewhat optomistic and quite a contrast from the local competition.

I saw a post somewhere about wait times being lower in Knoxville, so if you don't live here, maybe this will be useful to you as well. I'll keep my order status post up-to-date so we can see what really happens.