1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

KRZR not auto pairing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sshiffrin, Mar 10, 2007.

1. sshiffrin

sshiffrin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My old RAZR automatically paired with my Prius whenever I got in and started the car. My new KRZR won't. I have to go to register on the MFD and then find on my phone to get the connection.

Does anyone know how to solve this and have the KRZR automatically pair with the car?

Thanks.

2. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Have you set the phone to auto pair? On my E816 I have it set to auto pair under the headseat settings.

3. sshiffrin

sshiffrin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Mar 10 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]403550[/snapback]</div>
    No. There is no such setting. According to the manual the KRZR is supposed to do that automatically so long as the bluetooth is set as on.

4. allargon

allargon Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve in Arizona @ Mar 10 2007, 09:15 PM) [snapback]403592[/snapback]</div>
    Steve, I have a RaZr. The autopairing only works if your bluetooth (on your cell) is set to be consistently on. If you set it to turn on temporarily, then it will shut off away from the car. Keeping it consistently on drains battery life (not just the charge and recharge--also forces you to install a new battery prematurely).

5. lonevvolf

lonevvolf New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve in Arizona @ Mar 10 2007, 07:57 PM) [snapback]403548[/snapback]</div>
    I have the exact same problem - worked with RAZR, but not with my new KRZR. I have set it up exactly as the old one was. Has anyone found a solution to this?

6. lonevvolf

lonevvolf New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lone VVolf @ Oct 24 2007, 08:34 AM) [snapback]529649[/snapback]</div>
    In case anyone is interested, and for future reference, I have solved the problem! It seems that it's really a firmware bug in the KRZR. The only solution I found was to reflash the KRZR using the Generic MP at www.motox.info. Once I updated it to the newest version, the bluetooth worked perfectly!

7. Gilbert

Gilbert Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Will this work on a new Moto slver L9? it also fails to auto pair.

8. jtrain73

jtrain73 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am having this same problem, good to know it is a phone issue. I guess I will try to flash the firmware of the phone. Do you have a link to the instructions/files needed to do so? That other forum is all greek to me.