1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kumho KH30?? v. Michelin v. Bridgestone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by aaronlife, May 21, 2011.

1. aaronlife

aaronlife Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Time to replace my Wynstar M/S Phasar tires that were on the car when I bought it used at 42K (I've put about 18K on them since). At least 2 of which I think are original, probably the right rear that's going bald.

Anyone ever try the: Kumho ecowing All Season KH30

They're $66 each at tirerack and have 3 good reviews.

Otherwise, I was thinking of waiting for the Bridgestone $70 rebate to come back around, and get the:

Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 @ $79 each at tirerack

OR, go for the Michelin Energy Saver A/S at $106 and get the $70 rebate.

Any thoughts/experience?

I live in Miami Beach, FL, most of my driving right now is at 30mph or below unless I need to go on the highway for some reason. Looking for longevity, good wet traction, and MPGs

2. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Another one is Bridgestone EP422.

we have Michelin Energy Savers, and MPG went up +4MPG, getting 60MPG out of the tank on Gen III. They should pay for themselves; almost :)

3. stefano5777

stefano5777 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have The Bridgestone ep422's on my 05 Prius and swear by them now I have switched 2 of my buddies from Michelin and Goodyear over and they both love them as well. Tires are quieter than stock tires have much better wet weather traction which we need here in Florida and returned higher mpg avg than stock tires.

4. aaronlife

aaronlife Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    thanks, just noticed the Michelins are out of stock, and back-ordered, so rebate might be iffy there, and not sure how long i'd wait...