1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LA Car's Prius-Bazooka project car at Autobooks on the 24th

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Arroyo, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Arroyo

Arroyo Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On Saturday, March 24, 2007, 12 noon-3 p.m., some of the LA Car staff will be in Burbank's Autobooks-Aerobooks, the largest automotive bookstore in So. Cal. Several cars will be on display, including the Bazooka BTA-6100 subwoofer-equipped Toyota Prius project car described in the article, Project Prius: Breaking The Sound Barrier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sound demonstrations will be available on request. Other cars will be on display, including the 2007 Lexus RX400h hybrid vehicle. Arrive early for complimentary Italian sandwiches and baseball caps. For more information on the event, see LA Car Invades Autobooks-Aerobooks in Burbank

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wonder if I can bring my Prius and show off the HD radio and iPod kit?

3. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Mar 22 2007, 10:46 AM) [snapback]410247[/snapback]</div>
    I'd be interested in seeing/listening to any and all audio mods. So please stop by and show off your mods !! :)

Ken

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm going to be there with my Prius that has the DICE HD/iPod kit installed. You're all welcome to check it out. The bookstore, who is hosting this event jumped at the chance to have another Prius there so they're going to hold me a spot at the front.

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Arroyo, I'm going to cut and paste your post in the main forum so more people will see it. I hope you don't mind.

6. Arroyo

Arroyo Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds good to me, Vagabond.

BTW, Priuschatter, the folks from DICE Electronics (Digital In-Car Entertainment) will be at Autobooks-Aerobooks to install their HD DICE and Factory iPod Integration unit in the LA Car Prius project car at 12 noon.

The HD DICE is a vehicle specific HD Radioâ„¢ receiver that works with OEM car stereos, and features:
    • AM/FM HD Radio Receiver
    • HD multicast compatible
    • Hard-wired interface for the best possible audio quality,
    • The interface connects to vehicle’s external device (SAT/CDC) connection port
    • High definition glass mount AM/FM antenna
    • iPod connection port, optional cable required
    • Auxiliary input for additional audio playback devices
    • Fully integrated controls from radio and steering wheel
    • Intuitive operation with text display on the OEM radio system,

The Factory iPod Integration unit from DICE connects your iPod to your vehicle's factory entertainment system. It has CD-quality sound and controls from your radio, steering wheel or the iPod. It keeps iPods charged. Radios supporting CD-text will also display text from the iPod, allowing one to view song title and artist name right on your radio's display.

DICE personnel will be at Autobooks-Aerobooks to answer questions, and will also have a demo car available in addition to the LA Car project car.