1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LA Mayor to stop giving free parking for electric cars!

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by alwaysjamming, Jan 14, 2013.

1. alwaysjamming

alwaysjamming New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

This is my first post on the priuschat forum and I thank you all for all the information. I just grabbed my Plug-In Prius from LAX and when leaving, the attendant said that the mayor is planning on discontinuing the free parking for electric cars as of March 2013. He said that everyone interested in keeping the policy should contact the mayor to keep the service in play. Ideally, I would like everyone to call the mayor and express concern about discontinuing this policy so soon after the technology has become main-stream. Obviously a big mistake if he/she wishes to invest in CA's future.

I will be looking for the best number to contact the mayor, but if anyone else has a phone number or other people to call, please post.

Jetsurgn likes this.
  2. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The LAX parking thread does have this info. It is unfortunate, but I suspect that they are seeing a significant enough number of EV drivers now that it's costing them money.
    Also, I doubt the mayor has much to do with this. The airport is managed by LAWA.

3. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    But the mayor appoints the members of the board of LAWA, of which there are seven. Antonio Villaraigosa has appointed four of the current members, so he would probably have some influence if he choose to use it. Best chance for that is if it involves a photo opportunity, maybe with some PiP and Leaf owners?;)